Jan 12 (Reuters) – United Microelectronics Corp :
* SAYS IT FILES THREE PATENT INFRINGEMENT LAWSUITS AGAINST FIRMS INCLUDING XIAN AND SHANGHAI AFFILIATES OF MICRON TECHNOLOGY INC
* UMC SAYS IT REQUESTS COMPENSATION OF 270 MILLION YUAN ($41.67 million) FROM MICRON TECHNOLOGY Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: ($1 = 6.4796 Chinese yuan renminbi) (Reporting by Hong Kong newsroom)
The Wider Image App
Explore the world through captivating visual stories by award-winning Reuters photojournalists. This immersive app for iPad reimagines news photography to bring images and information to life.
The Wider Image is a winner of 25 awards for innovation, photojournalism and design and an iTunes Editors Choice.
The Wider Image is also available as a responsive site at widerimage.reuters.com
- Discover What Matters: Uncover stories, people and places you never knew existed. New visual reports added daily to the wealth of work.
- Lean in and Learn: Get more context on every story – interact with image sequences, read expanded facts, swipe between the before and after, hear words and sounds.
- Meet the Storytellers: Get to know the photographers with behind the scenes images and insights. Follow your favorites to see new work as it is added.
- Show and Tell: Enjoy stunning photojournalism on your television for all to see via Apple TV. Share stories with confidence they look great on any device.
NEW YORK Walmart on Thursday said it will raise entry-level wages for U.S. hourly employees to $11 an hour in February as it benefits from last month’s major corporate tax cut and on the same day said it will shut stores and lay off thousands of workers. | Video
The U.S. House of Representatives on Thursday passed a bill to renew the National Security Agency’s warrantless internet surveillance program, overcoming objections from privacy advocates and confusion prompted by morning tweets from President Donald Trump that initially questioned the spying tool. Full Article